Bhagavad Gita Class
September 26 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 6:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until September 30, 2019
A TWICE MONTHLY EXPLORATION OF BHAKTI (DEVOTIONAL) PRACTICES
Uncover the hidden dimensions of yoga philosophy. Guided by acclaimed instructor Joshua M. Greene (Yogesvara), this interactive gathering is the perfect tool for unlocking the practical applications of India’s preeminent wisdom text, the Bhagavad Gita.
This is an all-levels class. Beginner and advanced students welcome.
VALUE FOR PARTICIPANT
– Master the terminology and concepts of yoga philosophy
– Discover how to apply those concepts in everyday life
– Connect ancient teachings to current events
– Enhance and extend the value of your asana practice
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Each week, sessions include:
– Participation: Kirtan (mantra meditation)
– Analysis: Chanting and discussion of verses
– Refreshments: Vegan snacks and social time
– Advancement: For those wishing to go deeper: homework and recommended reading
– A copy of Bhagavad Gita As It Is (available for purchase at class)
– A string of mala beads (will be provided if needed)
– A notebook and pen or pencil
Note that street parking is not allowed. Please park in the EverVeda lot or across the street at the Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary.
$10 suggested donation/session
If you can’t make it in person you’ll still be able to listen to the uploaded classes on the Gita Wisdom Teachings podcast.